DIY TEA BOX! If you love having different flavours of tea you’ll love this! 🙂
Hello Everyone!! 🙂
This post is how to create your own unique tea box, I have a slight obsession with different flavoured tea and herbal teas. My Christmas present from my sister was a tea box that she had made especially for me and it was full of different types of tea for me to try.
I have asked my sister to write down below how she created my tea box and after I’ll make a list of all the different flavoured teas and where you can buy them from. 🙂
I have also added in at the bottom a picture of my Tea Box! 🙂
- First I bought the box! The best one I found online was from an eBay store called Woodenland and they stock a huge variety of unpainted items ideal for DIY gifts. I bought the 16 section unpainted tea box.
- Next I painted the whole box in some left over off-white wall paint, I used Crown Breatheasy Cream White.
- Next I masking taped off the first part of the union jack, the cross, I painted that with an acrylic mix I made up and then repeated the process with the second cross over the top.
- Once the crosses were dry, using paler versions of the cross colours I decorated the crosses, one with some simple flowers and one with simple polka dots.
- I then moved on to the centre where I had already drawn my text and decorations etc, all that was left to do was paint using the acrylic mixes from before.
- The metallic paint I used along all the edges and on the text frame is Rangers Liquid Pearls in Rose Gold and the Glitter along the other edges is Rangers Stickles Rose Gold.
- The inside I left the off-white and then filled with various tea bags from Tesco!
Here is a list and links of all the tea bags my sister bought and I have also repurchased to stock up.
Twinings Classic Selection
English Strong Breakfast
Earl Grey: Black Tea with the fragrant flavour of bergamot and lemon
Twinings Mint Selection
Peppermint – A Peppermint Herbal Infusion
Buttermint – A Peppermint Herbal Infusion with Vanilla Flavour
Double Mint – A Peppermint Herbal Infusion with Mint Flavour
Peppermint and Liquorice – A Peppermint & Liquorice Herbal Infusion with Blackcurrant Flavour
Twinings Camomile Selection
Camomile – A Camomile Herbal Infusion.
Camomile & Honey – A Camomile Herbal Infusion with Honey & Vanilla Flavours.
Camomile & Spiced Apple – A Camomile Herbal Infusion with Apple Flavour & Cinnamon.
Camomile & Spearmint – A Camomile and Spearmint Herbal Infusion.
Twinings Fruit Selection
Cranberry & Raspberry – A Herbal Infusion with Cranberry & Raspberry Flavours.
Mango & Strawberry – A Herbal Infusion with Mango & Strawberry Flavours.
Blackcurrant & Blueberry – A Herbal Infusion with Blackcurrant & Blueberry Flavours.
St. Clements – A Herbal Infusion with Orange & Lemon Flavours.
My favourite teas currently have to be –
Honey and Camomile
Thank you for reading and I hoped you all enjoy my post 🙂